Friday, April 10, 2009
Work of Art Series
I am really enjoying creating this video for the work of art series because I have been going through so much footage. I have about 45 minutes worth of footage of the woman that I interviewed, and I have to watch it over and over in order to pare it down to 5-ish minutes. Watching it over and over has helped me to learn so much about the work of art of my interviewee, and I think there is really something to be said about repetition in learning. Obviously learning the same thing over and over is not particularly interesting. But reintroducing the same ideas over and over can really help something sink in. Plus, when there is a visual stimulus involved as well, then it really adds to the learning experience. I really enjoy watching the footage because I feel like I know so much about my interviewee's subject now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That's great that you are enjoying creating the Work of Art Series. I am nervous about my project because it involves my son's piano teacher a person I admire. I don't want to mess it up. I think the time limit is difficult but it also helps us to focus on what is important. It is interesting how you can watch the same thing over and see something different. I think you are right it is easier with a visual stimulus. It is difficult to read the same thing over and over and still concentrate.
ReplyDelete